Monday, October 20, 2014

Bachelorette Party...Yeah I did it!

teambrideThis past weekend, I attended my future daughter-in-law's bachelorette party. YES! I was invited...Me...the soon to be 60 year old mother of the groom. I was over the moon excited that she included me.

We all met in the fabulous Texas Hill Country town of Fredericksburg and from the moment we arrived at our house, called '1 Big House', I knew we were in for an amazing weekend. The bride-to-be and her friends are  such wonderful women. The mother of the bride is a dear, dear friend and I'm elated that our 2 children united  and will marry. (We set our kids up by the way.....)

For those of you who haven't been to Fredericksburg,TX... I encourage you to put this on your list of places to visit! The wineries in the Texas Hill Country are amazing! We did the wineries, the tastings and the fellowship of the young ladies in the wedding party, along with the MOG and MOB (aka, Mother of the Groom and Mother of the Bride) was beyond words.

I WILL confess that there were NO strippers, no clubbing and no wild antics. The wildest thing I did was apply a temporary tattoo that said " I belong to Andra's bachelorette party...if I'm lost please buy me a drink"

We had a wonderful weekend grazing on a smorgasbord of snacks, a plethora of wine selections and incredible "girl talk"...scavenging the wineries donned in our #TeamBride tshirts...enjoying the down time. My own daughter, who is a bridesmaid was there and it is times like these...when your own are grown and functioning members of society that you  enjoy sitting down and having a glass of wine...adult to adult. No longer do you have to worry if they're drinking underage (which I KNOW my kids did).

I've not been to a bachelorette party in ...I can't even remember when, but I totally cast this weekend up as one of my favorites...the memories are sealed in my brain and I can't wait for the wedding!

Color #TeamBride and the fabulous Hill Country Texas Bachelorette weekend a HUGE success!

No comments:

Post a Comment